NEED HELP FINDING A SPECIFIC TOPIC?
Illinois Wrongful Death Lawyers
Chicago Personal Injury Attorneys
A wrongful death lawsuit is one in which the family of victim of a fatal accident sues the responsible party to recover monetary compensation for the economic and emotional losses they have suffered as a result of the loss of their loved one. A wrongful death lawsuit can apply to a number of accidents, such as auto accidents, trucking accidents, mass transit accidents, and medical malpractice.
The Chicago wrongful death lawyers at Minkow Domin have more than 45 years of combined experience representing clients involved in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence or intentional misconduct of another, do not hesitate to contact our compassionate Chicago wrongful death attorneys at (312) 704-8008 to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Legal Requirements of a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If the victim’s family pursues a wrongful death lawsuit, a personal representative for the deceased victim’s estate must be appointed. A wrongful death lawsuit requires that the plaintiff demonstrate the following:
• The victim died as a result of another’s negligence or intentional misconduct
• The victim’s surviving family members have suffered monetary damages as a result of the death.
Common Wrongful Death Actions
Wrongful death actions may result from any fatal personal injury accident, but they frequently result in the following types of situations:
Damages Available in Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Family members of loved ones may be able to recover compensation for the following in a wrongful death lawsuit:
• Medical bills incurred by the victim prior to death
• Funeral expenses of the victim
• Loss of future income
• Loss of employment benefits, such as a pension and health insurance
• Loss of future inheritance
• Loss of parental guidance if the victim has surviving minor children
• Loss of spousal companionship, protection and care
• Pain and suffering of the survivors due to the trauma of losing a loved one
• Punitive damages depending on the defendant’s culpability with respect to the accident
Compassionate and Knowledgeable Legal Advice
As experienced Chicago wrongful death lawyers, Sheldon Minkow and Andrew Domin understand that the family members and loved ones of the victims of a fatal personal injury accident are dealing with a multitude of issues, including funeral arrangements and the grieving process. Sheldon Minkow and Andrew Domin are knowledgeable and compassionate Chicago wrongful death attorneys who will manage the legal issues surrounding a wrongful death lawsuit in order to ensure that the necessary documents and evidence is obtained and that the appropriate filing deadlines are met.
If you or a loved one has been in a mass transit accident, do not hesitate to contact our knowledgeable Chicago wrongful death attorneys at (312) 704-8008 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options