NEED HELP FINDING A SPECIFIC TOPIC?
Illinois Auto Accident Lawyers
Chicago Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys
Chicago and the surrounding area is a hub of motor vehicle traffic, with several well-traveled interstates, congested city streets, and multiple modes of mass transit. Unfortunately, motor vehicle accidents are all too common. In fact, there were nearly 1,000 fatal motor vehicle accidents in Illinois in 2011 alone. If you or a loved one has been in a motor vehicle accident, contact our experienced Chicago auto accident attorneys to learn more about your legal rights and remedies.
Chicago, Illinois auto accident attorneys Sheldon Minkow and Andrew Domin have considerable experience representing victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents, including accidents involving inattentive driving, cell phone use, alcohol-related accidents, hazardous road conditions, distracted driving, and poor vehicle maintenance. As experienced Chicago auto accident attorneys, we also represent the victims of motor vehicle accidents involving motorcycles, commercial trucks, bicycles, pedestrians, and mass transit vehicles.
Our attorneys have more than 45 years of experience as motor vehicle accident attorneys which affords them the vast legal knowledge and practical know-how to advocate on your behalf. When communicating with insurance companies, they are able to “talk the talk.” Moreover, he is well-versed in the process and procedures of the insurance companies. If a favorable settlement is not reached through negotiation, Sheldon Minkow and Andrew Domin are skilled Illinois personal injury trial lawyers who will vigorously advocate on your behalf in a court of law.
What to Do If You Are In an Auto Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident, you should:
• Remain calm. Do not engage in emotional or reactionary conversations with any other drivers.
• Assess any injuries or damage caused by the accident.
• Get medical attention as soon as possible. Retain all copies of medical bills and receipts as they can be crucial to proving the extent and nature of your injuries and damages.
• Call the police.
• Document the accident and preserve evidence. Ensure that the police report accurately represents the circumstances of the accident. Document the accident as soon as possible by writing down all pertinent information. Take photos of the scene of the accident or any damages. Make sure to save all medical bills and receipts, and retain copies of your medical records.
• Hire an Attorney. Motor vehicle accidents typically involve tort laws, which vary from state to state and can be complex and nuanced. Chicago, Illinois motor vehicle accident attorneys Sheldon Minkow and Andrew Domin have more than 45 years of experience representing clients in auto accidents and other motor vehicle accidents. They will explain your legal rights to you and help determine whether you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
• Notify your insurance company. Since insurance companies have strict policies and procedures regarding filing an auto accident claims, you should notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Insurance companies frequently apply a formulaic approach to resolving a motor vehicle accident claim without considering the specific facts, circumstances, and legal issues involved in a particular claim. Accordingly, it is important to seek the advice and guidance of an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney like the Chicago auto accident attorneys at the law offices of Minkow Domin in order to obtain the compensation that you need and deserve.
Experience You Can Trust
If you have been involved in an auto accident or other motor vehicle accident, do not hesitate to contact our Chicago motor vehicle accident attorneys at (312) 704-8008 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about a possible personal injury claim.